Madeira Cake Pops
What you need:
400g Plain Madeira
Creative Kitchen Christmas Figurines
Cut up your madeira into squares
Cut up the ribbon and tie some onto each lollipop stick
Melt the chocolate as per instructions and let it cool
Dip the lollipop sticks into the chocolate before placing into a cake square
Spoon the melted chocolate over each lollipop to coat and place them in the fridge for 20 minutes to set slightly
Place the figurines onto the cake pops and leave them to set for a few hours
PlaceM&Ms in a glass and arrange cake pops as desire
Mini Christmas Puddings
What you need:
· 1 x 400g Dark or Rich fruit cake
· Milk or Dark Chocolate Melts
· Ready to Roll Icing
· Green and Red Food colouring
· Using your hands, crumble the fruit cake into a bowl
· Grab a handful to make preferred pudding size and roll into a ball
· Place them in the fridge while making the chocolate dip
· Heat up some milk or dark chocolate melts and put aside
· Take out the fruit cake balls and carefully dip into the melted chocolate
· Let them stand until chocolate has stopped dripping and then place in the fridge for 2 hours to chill
· Roll out the icing and using a flower shaped cutter, cut out shapes for the ‘drizzle’
· Colour a small amount of icing in red and green
· Using the red icing, roll into small balls for the ‘berries’
· Using a small diamond shape cutter, cut out diamonds using the green icing
· Squeeze one end and shape into leaves
· To decorate, place a white flower cut out on top of each ball then decorate with the berries and leave
Father's Day Lamington Trifle
1 xPacket of Lamingtons cut into small squares
2 x Packets of jelly in your choice of flavours
1 x 500mL carton of custard
1 x Can of Whipped cream
Sprinkles for decoration
Make the jelly as per the instructions and leave to set
Place the lamington pieces into the bottom of a glass
Top with jelly, followed by custard and then jelly again
Finish with whipped cream and sprinkles
Deb’s Baileys & Chocolate Trifle
Ingredients: 1 chocolate cream filled roll, 375ml thickened cream, 1 tub Pauls Double thick Chocolate custard, 250ml carton Pauls thick Vanilla custard, Raspberry Jam, Tim Tams, a variety of chocolates (Flake, Aero bar, Kit Kat, Cherry ripe, Peppermint crisp etc), Baileys.
To start: Pour yourself a glass of Bailey’s & Ice
Method: Slice the chocolate roll into thin slices and spread with jam. Layer the sides and base of a trifle bowl with cake (press to sides). Drizzle cake with Bailey’s (depending on taste). Spoon in a layer of chocolate custard (to just above cake level) & top with remaining cake slices drizzled with more Bailey’s. Top with chopped Tim Tams (not to the sides of the bowl), pour over a layer of vanilla custard, smoothing to the edge and layer custard with whipped cream. Drizzle cream with more Bailey’s (3-4 capfuls). Layer cream with chocolates of choice - chopped Tim Tam’s, flake, peppermint crisp. For a Christmas version, use chopped aero bar or peppermint crisp & cherry ripe. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Note: Trifle can be made the night before. (Each time you make this, you will find yourself adding something different. It's so easy !).
To finish: Enjoy a glass of Bailey’s & Ice
Berry, Ice Cream & Macadamia Trifle by Donna Worster
STEP 1 TRIFLE BASE: Create your trifle base with a raspberry jelly made with fresh berries and a splash of lemonade.
STEP 2: Add a layer of Italian sponge fingers or our own sponge roll (for the adults pre soak the sponge fingers in sherry or cherry brandy)
STEP 3: Add a layer of vanilla panacotta followed by a layer of vanilla ice cream with chopped macadamia's mixed throughout. Keep the ice cream in the freezer however until just before serving.
STEP 4: Serve topped with loads of fresh berries!
100 year old family recipe by Emma Renee Visco
STEP 1: Soak your Italian sponge fingers in butterscotch snaps or liqueur (or use our own sponge roll for a more child friendly alternative.)
STEP 2: Next add 3 layers of jelly, all different flavours.
STEP 3: Add a layer of cream followed by a middle layer of sponge fingers or sponge roll.
STEP 4: Top with a layer of custard, lots of fresh fruit and finish off with some whipped cream.
Miss C's Special by Constance Iannelli
STEP 1: Firstly prepare your blueberry gluten free, dairy free, sugar free cake for your bottom layer (see recipe below)
STEP 2: Mix fresh berries with vanilla or berry flavoured dairy free yoghurt.
STEP 3: Layer your crumbled cake pieces with melted vegan dark chocolate drizzled on top.
STEP 4: Finally top it all off with fresh berries, mango and a mint leaf for decoration. Drizzle a little more melted chocolate on top just for fun!
Cake recipe blend all of the following in a food processor:
2 cups of self raising gluten free flour
3/4 cup of almond milk
1 cup of stevia (depends on your taste and how sweet you would like it)
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/4 cup of olive oil
1/2 cup of dessicated coconut
2 punnets of blueberries
2 eggs - Can be made without eggs replacing with a little extra baking powder and some extra olive oil
1 x 270g Pack of Susan Day Lamingtons
200ml Double Cream
30ml Baileys (Optional)
200ml Strong Coffee
Dark chocolate chunk
15cmx15cm Serving Dish
1. Combine cream, mascarpone and Baileys and whisk until the consistency of thick whipped cream
2. Pour coffee into shallow dish. Soak lamington fingers a few at a time then layer in serving dish using half the lamingtons.
3. Spread and cover lamingtons with half the cream.
4. Repeat another layer of soaked lamingtons, then cover with remaining cream.
5. Cover and chill for a couple of hours.
6. To serve, cover with grated chocolate
These adorable little Lamb-ingtons are super easy to make and what's better, no animals were hurt in the making of this product.
Almonds for the head (attach with a little melted chocolate)
Malt sticks for the legs
Melted chocolate for the eyes
What's an Australia Day BBQ with Lamb-ingtons?!